Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lauren - Senior Portraits

{The One Inch Journey}

"Always in the woods when you leave familiar ground and step off alone into a new place, there will be along with the feeling of curiosity and excitement, a little nagging of dread. It is the ancient fear of the unknown...(but) nobody can discover the world for anyone else. It is only after we have discovered it for ourselves that it becomes a common ground, and we cease to be alone."
~ Wendell Berry














I absolutely love this quote from Wendell Berry. While taking these pictures of gorgeous Lauren, this quote kept popping into my head. I find that we find this true in many moments of our lives but I remember being Lauren's age, just graduated from High School and off to College. All of these feelings overwhelm you but you know that the result's will be worth it. I don't have my own kids yet, but I know how hard it is on parents to watch your children go, wishing you can be there with them through it all. But that is the point isn't it? To trust in ourselves to learn new things. Lauren is quite the beauty and so elegant and beautiful. I loved taking these senior portraits of her and wish her the best as she leaves "familiar ground" and steps off into a new place. This is a sneak peek of this awesome shoot. I can't wait to show you lots more. She is absolutely stunning.

No comments: