Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"My little dog -- a heartbeat at my feet." ~ Edith Wharton

BLOGwebsitepups-1

BLOGwebsitepups-2

BLOGwebsitepups-3

BLOGwebsitepups-4

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

Well aren't these the most darling pups you have ever seen. I have to say I had to resist with all my might to not put my camera down and snuggle these darling girls. Anyone that really knows me, or probably even hardly knows me, understands what I mean when I say this. I love animals, I have grown up with them since the moment I was born. Quite honestly, most of my fondest memories and influential moments of my life are attributed to my pets that I had. Don't worry I'm not forgetting my family, because our pets really are and were family. As a child it amazed me that when I was upset or crying my animals were always right there comforting me. I will defend till the day I die that our pets do have that relationship and bond with us. They all have their unique personalities and quirks. Anyone that doesn't think so, you just haven't ever had a pet because I don't see how you could miss that :). Spending time with these darling girls, reminded me of all the pets I have currently in my life and the pets I have lost that I still cry about and miss incredibly. Mostly, my horse Dreaming Glow. She raised me. My mom always said that she did. She was the angel of angels and I really did feel protected and taken care of when I was with her. Losing her three summer's ago was one of the hardest goodbye's I had ever faced. She was our first horse and my parents bought her when I was around 4 years old. In a lot of ways, I still don't think I have completely let go and miss her terribly still. But, I have the sweetest most precious memories of her and our many adventures.

No comments: